Acting Tips for Aspiring Actors
Creating a professional acting resume is an important step in pursuing a career in acting. Here are some steps to create a professional acting resume:
1. Start with your name and contact information: At the top of your resume, list your full name, email address, phone number, and website (if you have one).
2. List your acting experience: Start with your most recent acting experience and work backward. List the title of the production, the role you played, the theater or film/TV company name, the city and state where it was performed, and the director's name or name of the theatre or studio.
3. Add your training and education: List your formal education and any acting training you have received. Include the name of the institution, the degree or program, and any notable instructors.
4. Include your special skills: List any special skills you have that might be relevant to acting, such as accents or languages you speak, dance or martial arts experience, or any other unique abilities.
5. Keep it concise and easy to read: Keep your resume to one page if possible, and use a simple font and layout that is easy to read. Avoid cluttering the page with too much information or graphics.
6. Proofread and edit: Before submitting your resume, make sure to proofread it carefully for errors and typos. Have someone else look it over as well to catch anything you might have missed.
Remember, your acting resume is a reflection of your professionalism and experience, so take the time to make it look polished and well-organized.